freeware floor plan software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Thanks for clicking to read my question. Hope someone can help.

I'm wondering what freeware software is good for drawing up 2D floor plans to scale. Does anyone use any?

If so, what software do you use and is it any good?

Thanks,

Jay

Sponsored Links
Cheers Tipper,

I tried that but it's more 3D and all I'm after doing is a 2D floor layout of the upstairs floor in my house.

Last night I tried Envisioneer Express if this is any use to anyone. It's free to download but it's a bit of a big download and a big install. You can also switch between 2D and 3D but it is primarily 2D.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks again :)

Sponsored Links
Ah, cheers Freddy.

May give that a go as I'm not liking Envisioneer due to having to get a line drawn exactly to length first time. i.e. you can't seem to go to Properties of a line and amend its length without it affecting the other lines it's linked to.

Pain in the bum!

Thanks again :)

Aye you generally get what you pay for and as Envisioneer is free..........

Sketchup seems to break the rule though. ;)

this software is Free but you can pay extra to upgrade to a version with more features (Draft IT PLus) for about £20

http://www.cadlogic.com/products/draftit/

this is money well spent, i used this to produce drawings for a structural engineer and also submitted and passed planning, save me about £400 compared to employing an architect!

To do serious drawing for local Authority approval and builders use you need professional software.
Sketchup and the like are good for quick schemes and tinkering.
Don't be mean, try TurboCad or AutoCad LT.
Large hint; look at computer fairs

To do serious drawing for local Authority approval and builders use you need professional software.
Sketchup and the like are good for quick schemes and tinkering.
Don't be mean, try TurboCad or AutoCad LT.
Large hint; look at computer fairs

Actually Google Sketchup is used by many commercial firms. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back