Freezer constantly frosting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just defrosted my Ariston freezer, which I have to do regularly, I'd say every 2 months, although it probably needs doing more often. The seals have seen better days (see pics). In fairness it is 18 years old so it's done me proud.

Are these replaceable? I really can't afford to replace the whole thing, but I realise this is actually costing me money in the long run.

Silly question but If this is fixable, which tradesman do I get in to replace the seals? Or can I do it myself?

Hmm, just done a search on my model, and it seems replacements are not available. Can it be fixed instead of replaced?

Many thanks :)

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Try ringing one of the suppliers rather than just an online search, e-spares & ransom spares are usually pretty good. If you google how to replace freezer door seal there are vids showing how to do it yourself

Thank you. Yeah, I googled some how to videos after posting this. Looks pretty straightforward actually. I think finding the correct size seal is going to be the main challenge :cautious:

I'm awaiting a reply from one of the replacement parts sites to see if they can track one down, I had no luck searching for the model reference.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the link @foxhole
Not very good reviews though and it looks nothing like my existing seal so I'll give this one a miss.

Woohoo! I found one. I managed to locate a site where the part was out of stock, from that managed to get the part reference and googled that instead of the Fridge freezer model and found one. Excellent!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back