Freezer on the blink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
My Matrix freezer will only hold freezing on number 1. Even that is variable as the pointer heads toward ‘subzero’ now and then. Before it went on the blink it was working fine on number 3. Then one day I found most of the contents were frozen rock solid so I turned it off, defrosted it, cleaned it out. Turned it back on and let it settle for a week. I took pictures on each setting while empty to show the manufacture that I believed there was a problem. They reckon it’s working fine? But it’s only working on number 1. Any higher (2 or 3) and the pointer goes into subzero. The thermometer seems to be working fine as I pop it into my chest freezer and it reads a constant freezing. I need a way to prove it’s faulty or needs a repair, just not sure how to do that. Any ideas?

Attachments

• S4650002.JPG
    S4650002.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 50
  • S4650005.JPG
    S4650005.JPG
    510.9 KB · Views: 50
  • S4650007.JPG
    S4650007.JPG
    793 KB · Views: 54
  • 1. Reading on 1.JPG
    1. Reading on 1.JPG
    472.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 2. Set on number 1.JPG
    2. Set on number 1.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 61
  • CF 1.JPG
    CF 1.JPG
    353.8 KB · Views: 58
  • CF 2 .JPG
    CF 2 .JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
Then one day I found most of the contents were frozen rock solid so I turned it off, defrosted it, cleaned it out.

That is the whole point of a freezer, to freeze 'rock solid' - somewhere between minus 16 and minus 22C. If it is working as it should, your pointer should go 'sub-zero'.

A fridge should hold a temperature less the +7C, to maybe +2C.

As Harry says.
Looks as though your chest freezer temp is set dangerously high at 10°F (-12°C).

Sponsored Links
My Matrix freezer will only hold freezing on number 1.

are you under the impression that 0°F is freezing point?

One of them looks like it is showing around 0°F and the other about 10°F

I work in Celsius.

0°F is about -18°C, which is correct for a domestic freezer.

10°F is about -12°C which is too warm.

Which one are you dissatisfied with?
And what do you think is the "correct" temperature?

Unless you are in US, Celsius in the more usual scale. Throw away your Farhrenheit thermometer and buy a Celsius one.

Can you adjust the chest freezer to be colder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back