Freezer advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a 2 year old Norfrost C6AEW Chest freezer. I went to it yesterday and noticed some foods had started to thaw. Now, I’m certain the lid was not left open and the thermostat dial was between 3-4 which is normal setting, and nothing happened when moved dial to setting 5,6 7. The freezer didn’t sound like it was operating! The green neon power light was lit. I thought faulty thermostat?? I flicked on the amber boost freeze switch (this overrides thermostat and runs continuous) and immediately the freezer kicked in and heard compressor was running. I left the boost freeze on overnight and checked this morning and all food was frozen. I turned off the boost freeze switch and freezer continued to operate as normal (so it appears it is not the thermostat which is faulty).

I have never defrosted this unit since having it from new (2 years) and frost was beginning to become quite thick inside the freezer, could this have been the problem, are they prone to freezing up and therefore not functioning properly?

Touch wood all is okay now but will keep an eye on it.

Any advice/help appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back