Freezer trips garage RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As RCD cover is required for a garage CU installation how can I get around the freezer tripping the RCD.

Sponsored Links
Add a radial and fit round pin sockets so that only the freezer can be plugged in.
Or terminate radial in a SFCU and terminat the lead from the freezer in the enclosure.

You're very welcome.
As its a garage you might like to consider protecting the cables in conduit and the outlets in metal patresses. Looks neater too.

Sponsored Links
i've always belived that for surface wiring bare copper pyro looks neatest. Conduit is so F*cking bulky

belive it or not i have an old diy manual that shows pyro termination! and it doesn't look that hard to be hoenst. no idea what the tools cost though.

in fact i'd argue that steel conduit seems much harder to properly install than pyro

at least conduit is strait, unless you are carful pyro is easy to literally bend out of shape

Plug
I sumise from your comment, that you've not terminated mimms.

Plastic conduit is very easy to erect and well within the range of diy skills.
Just so long as they possess a level.

Mimms is also considerably more expensive and cannot easily be altered to accomodate additional outlets.

Qedelec said:
Plug
I sumise from your comment, that you've not terminated mimms.
not tried myself but i've seen instructions and i have at least one electrician friend who claims he finds it easier than SWA.

people here keep saying micc is difficult to work with, can I ask exactly what exactly is difficult about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back