Freezing rain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Beware folks... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4481562.stm

This is the bu##er which can kill you, pedestrians or vehicle passengers, I saw it once, notso many years ago at christmas time ... People fell down all over the place ... Vehicles venturing onto the slightest hill, just sliding totally out of control.

If it looks wet on Weds morn. test it on foot before driving.

:!: :!:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like ground frost: Had that happen some years back, all the tarmac turned out as slippery as an ice-rink and you could only walk about by keeping your feet on the ground and shuffling.

Cheers for the warning, I'll be careful!!!

Two methods ... running spikes... unlikely to have around.
Old socks over the shoes ... sounds iffy, but actually works well.

Weather ! Just having some external work doing... How often does it snow out West in Nov. or ever ??? Grrr!
:eek:

empip said:
running spikes... unlikely to have around.

What are you saying there Philip?

I run, regularly...

Right past the salad bar, every single time I'm at "lard-u-like" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
empip said:
running spikes... unlikely to have around.

What are you saying there Philip?

I run, regularly...

Right past the salad bar, every single time I'm at "lard-u-like" :LOL:

Pip, short for Philip Pirrip, is the name given by Charles Dickens to the protagonist of the semi-autobiographical novel Great Expectations.
Pip also refers to an apple or orange seed, NOT an OmyGodSeed either. Pip is also increasingly used as an acronym for Personal Information Portal, especially important in the area of home automation. Pip is one of the Recurring South Park characters, clearly inspired by the Dickens character.

Philip?? Not quite right.. :D :D :D :D

I did nearly put Philip Pirrip in reference to Great Expectations, but thought it so improbable for a nickname that I didn't!

Back