French Doors and frame level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we had a conservatory fitted to our house recently and have had french doors fitted to replace the patio doors between the house and conservatory.

Currently when in the conservatory the the bottom frame of the french doors(from the floor) seems to be resting on a few pieces of plastic which are in the way for us to lay our flooring and seems to be a about half a centimeter above the concrete base.

Is this normal? We can slide out flooring (Laminate tiles) underneath but just concerned this is not correct.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
If they are coloured they are probably frame packers, best to just cut them flush with the frame or even twist them round under the frame

Crank, thanks for the quick reply.

Never heard of frame packers before, what are their purpose? (edit: Found that they are used for alignment).

Is it save to remove them?

If we cut them flush to the frame or push them under we will have to cut our laminate around them (which will be a right pain) :)

Sorry, i don't quite understand how they can be in the way if you twist them around and push them under the threshold??? Are you wanting to slide your laminate floor under the frame also?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, i don't quite understand how they can be in the way if you twist them around and push them under the threshold??? Are you wanting to slide your laminate floor under the frame also?

Yeah as there is room to slide the laminate under the frame we thought this would be a good move? Opinions?

Here is a picture:

167198_500447285764_592270764_6437939_3231974_n.jpg

Is that a piece of laminate already under the frame? If it is and its a tight(ish) fit then IMO it would be safe to remove the packers and the let the ali threshold sit on the floor

Is that a piece of laminate already under the frame? If it is and its a tight(ish) fit then IMO it would be safe to remove the packers and the let the ali threshold sit on the floor

Crank,

Yes it is. I slid it under as an example to show the gap. Between the frame and the floor.

Really appreciate your efforts in helping rest my mind at ease and your patience :) . I do not find this DIY lark the easiest :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back