French snow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now that the snow which hit the South East today is moving to France, does anyone know how they deal with it. i.e. Is Calais airport closed?, are the roads gridlocked? etc

Sponsored Links
Yes, they will clear it.

But hang on a minute. It's holiday time. French air traffic control will be on strike.

Leave the white stuff where it is then. :(

Sponsored Links
Now that the snow which hit the South East today is moving to France, does anyone know how they deal with it. i.e. Is Calais airport closed?, are the roads gridlocked? etc
Who cares as long as they get something back off us for a change :LOL:

When we had snow over a foot deep up here in Geordie land it made a story on the news. Now it's in the South the country has 'ground to a halt' apparently! :rolleyes: There's a North/South divide in more ways than one.

Got a Facebook entry from my Aunt earlier, she's driving from Spain, to the UK, no reports of snow in France so far, but unsure how far she has travelled yet. The hotel she was booked into was closed, but another nearby came to the rescue.

It didn't take that long when I drove from Germany back to the UK, so she must be mid to northern France by now?

1st snow this season fell last night, in my area, about 6 inches, and all the football is called off boo!!!!!

1st snow this season fell last night, in my area, about 6 inches, and all the football is called off boo!!!!!
Play went ahead at Ipswich of course! The Ref didn't have a clue! Mind you, if that'd been a Premiership game it wouldn't have gone ahead anyway... too many prima donnas (probably foreigners), whining that they couldn't possibly play in those conditions... might break a manicured finger nail you know! :rolleyes:

It's a nightmare when the footie's off with the snow, when the snow is away most pitches are waterlogged and then you are looking about february till its all good to go again, but it just means when it's summer and off school, we can go to the games as the Highland League finishes about June and we are off school at the middle of june so we will have a good few games to catch up with. :D

RCjunior

It's a nightmare when the footie's off with the snow, when the snow is away most pitches are waterlogged and then you are looking about february till its all good to go again, but it just means when it's summer and off school, we can go to the games as the Highland League finishes about June and we are off school at the middle of june so we will have a good few games to catch up with. :D

RCjunior

That reminds me of the hallowed school days I suffered, my thin nylon shorts, and shirt, and my non integrated studs, so I was always selected last, or as goalie, or fly goalie, so always shivered in goal, or on the right side of defense, with 20 people running at me en masse, while shivering my ass off, I prefered to write my own excuse letters, sometimes they worked, so I picked litter. Fully wrapped up against the weather.

Othertimes they didn't work, and the PE teacher was more than interested in everyone attending the communal showers. There was so much mud on the changing room floor that you came out of the shower dirtier than when you went in with, but the PE teacher paid much attention to the 'boys', and several PE teachers were sacked, and new ones employed..in hindsight..you see the problem.

BRUTAL Eurostar commandants last night forced a mother-of-two to make an agonising choice between her offspring.

After a 943-hour wait at London's St Pancras station, Nikki Hollis was pulled aside and told by two stern-faced men in uniforms that there was only one adult and one child seat left on the train she had hoped would take herself and both her children to the safety of France.

Hollis said: "I screamed at them 'No, I won't choose, I won't!' while ineffectually pounding the taller man's chest with my fists.

"He grabbed my wrists and said, 'If you don't choose, I'll take them both'. I knew from the darkness in his eyes that he meant it."

She added: "I decided to take my eight year-old daughter, Eva, as my son Jan is a year older and has become annoying.

"I gave him my credit card and told him to go to the nearest Hotel Ibis and ask for their cheapest available room, then stay there until I can send help.

"If it's the last time I see him I shall definitely be writing a letter of complaint at some point."

St Pancras remains teeming with thousands of desperate refugees hoping to escape before England is forever crushed under the boot of Nazi/Soviet snow.

Would-be traveller, Tom Logan, said: "I've been trading cigarettes, mainly for other cigarettes, but I am hoping to barter my last remaining iTunes credits for a pain au chocolat."

He added: "They say that in France a man can live free. Plus they have gritters and stuff."

"If it's the last time I see him I shall definitely be writing a letter of complaint at some point."

That is NOT the quote from an English person! 'at some point?' NOPE!

I complain to government, MP's, councils, schools. The latest was justified, there were a load of schoolkids in the bus station, effing and jeffing, and the queue was tutting, being an elderly population, as it didn't matter me so much. But once on the bus, one passenger had enough, and confronted the pack, and got it thrown in her face, You ain't my Mum, and 'Talk to the hand', type scenarios cropped up. If I was near this person, then I'd step up to the plate. But I was disgusted by this outburst from these kids, girls, what to do? So I emailed the school.

Next thing I get an email from the headmaster (me naughty?), saying the rabble have been punished. So complain when the iron is hot, make your point, be specific, and don't...err ramble on.

Sponsored Links
Back