Fridge freezer getting too warm

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I bought a secondhand LG GR232SBF fridge freezer recently with a 6 month warranty - the temperature sometimes rises to 7-10 C in the fridge and -15C in the freezer before the cooling system starts up.

Is this normal and if not how can it be fixed? Or should I just get it replaced by the retailer (if they're still around)?

Sponsored Links
have you got a temperature control? Does it seem to work?

How are you measuring the internal temperatures?

Is it a frost-free? How long has it been doing this? Presumably it was defrosted when you bought it?

have you got a temperature control? Does it seem to work?

How are you measuring the internal temperatures?

Is it a frost-free? How long has it been doing this? Presumably it was defrosted when you bought it?

Both sections have temperature controls and they do seem to work.
I am measuring the temperatures with separate temp gauges which I used on my last appliance
Yes, frost free, doing it from the start, Yes it was when I bought it

Sponsored Links
The problem with the temperatue is it occasionally rises to 10c in the fridge and last night to 0c in the freezer. It's back down to normal temp now.

I bought a secondhand LG GR232SBF fridge freezer recently with a 6 month warranty

then you'd better give them a chance to fix it, or return it, before the warranty runs out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back