Fridge/Freezer housing to door hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I am replacing an integrated Fridge/Freezer. The cabinet width is the correct standard width to accommodate a new unit but I am concerned that the new FF, which is approximately 5mm larger in width than the current FF, will foul the hinges connecting wooden doors to the FF cabinet (see image). Are there door hinges available that have a thinner body on the part fitted to the cabinet?

Thanks,

Des.

Attachments

• Fridge freezer hinge.jpg
    Fridge freezer hinge.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
Integrated appliances normaly come with a facia fixing kit ( and other differences ) which attaches the cupboard door to the appliance door. You do not have that on the old one in the pic.. Have you ordered/bought a new proper integrated fridge/freezer?

Integrated appliances normaly come with a facia fixing kit ( and other differences ) which attaches the cupboard door to the appliance door. You do not have that on the old one in the pic.. Have you ordered/bought a new proper integrated fridge/freezer?
Thanks jj4091. So, the hinge arrangement on my current fridge/freezer cabinet to the wooden door is not a typical setup? I am hopefully ordering a new FF tomorrow and you are suggesting that there should be a fixing kit included. I should add that the current arrangement also has a sliding attachment between the FF doors and wooden doors.

Thanks jj4091. So, the hinge arrangement on my current fridge/freezer cabinet to the wooden door is not a typical setup? I am hopefully ordering a new FF tomorrow and you are suggesting that there should be a fixing kit included. I should add that the current arrangement also has a sliding attachment between the FF doors and wooden doors.

The door drag may work if your new FF sits a little back from the front of the enclosure. Look up its depth and compare that to the depth of your cabinet.

The door drag is used when the kitchen door is hinged separately, and is not a decor panel or fascia fixed to the appliance.

Sponsored Links
The door drag may work if your new FF sits a little back from the front of the enclosure. Look up its depth and compare that to the depth of your cabinet.

The door drag is used when the kitchen door is hinged separately, and is not a decor panel or fascia fixed to the appliance.
Thanks, JohnD. The cabinet depth is 57cm and the new FF depth is 54.8m. I have attached images of the current FF which shows that it leans slightly in two directions, which probably accounts for the fouling of the hinges and the fact that a sliding hinge is only used on the lower part of the fridge door.

Attachments

• 20221113_115054.jpg
    20221113_115054.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 43
  • 20221113_115114.jpg
    20221113_115114.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20221113_120019.jpg
    20221113_120019.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 43

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back