Fridge/Freezer not starting up(Proline)

Jim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I emptied my fridge freezer as I was going away for a spell. I also switched it off.
Now it isnt working although the internal fridge light is on. There is an orange tumble switch near to the internal regulator and that will light up too but as I have lost instructions I am not sure what it is for.
Is there an obvious way to get the fridge to restart please as I cant hear motor.
Jim

Sponsored Links
The orange switch is the Fast Freeze button, basically it just overrides the thermostat to make the compressor run all the time. If you switch this on and the compressor doesn't run it sounds terminal, are you shore the compressor isn't running as some can be very quiet :eek:

Many thanks for your reply. On checking again I conclude it is "terminal" so I'll have to buy another.Thanks,Jim

Sponsored Links
If you can get to the compressor you could try a good bang whilst switched on. The thermal coutout could have stuck. Worth a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back