fridge not cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Servis upright Fridge Freezer, the freezer is working but the fridge is not cold. I have defrosted the freezer and ensured drain hole clear, the fan comes on but the fridge does not get cold. Does anybody have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Posting model number helps us to help you.

A little note to start with Servis went bust over 2 years ago so some parts and much tech info is no longer available.

You said you defrosted the freezer, is it a frost free and if so how long did you defrost it for ?

Model number is M0330W. 51/2 years old.
I removed ice from bottom of freezer with hair dryer and left for about6 hours, there was no ice whatsoever in freezer unit tray.

Sponsored Links
Ok so yours is coming up for the life expectancy for these appliances.

Not familiar with that model so only generic help I am afraid.
Did you actually get to the heat exchanger and defrost it fully (tubework affair carrying the refridgerant). We normally recommend a min time of 24 hours to defrost.
Is the fan blowing air into the fridge compartment. (frost frees generally have a damper to control the cold air entering the fridge)
You may have more than one fan fitted so is it the one in the freezer running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back