Front garden permanent boundary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've been told I need to put a permanent boundary at the front of my garden. To stop people driving on the pavement. What's the easiest thing to do, build a simple small brick pillar that is 30cm high, or dug a hole and put a fence panel with a concrete foundation in? I've not done either before, but need to do something!! Cheap and easy works. I need it to just get rid of the council!!

Sponsored Links
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but big stones like almost impossible to move by yourself would count? I see a lot of houses with these to stop people parking on normally their front lawns.

You can use fenceposts. I bought some 4' ones for my front patch and sank them about a foot. Being so low, and without panels, no concrete required and the small hole is easy to dig. I bolted decking boards along to make a simple post-and-rail fence. in my case there are shrubs, bulbs and flowers behind.

You can use concrete spurs if you want them to last. I did, and painted with dark chocolate masonry paint to blend in with the dark-stained boards.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but big stones like almost impossible to move by yourself would count? I see a lot of houses with these to stop people parking on normally their front lawns.

I thought of something similar. But they said it had to be attached to the floor. Like a wall or a fence panel. I'd much rather buy a giant Rock that no one could move. That would look much better also.

Sponsored Links
You can use fenceposts. I bought some 4' ones for my front patch and sank them about a foot. Being so low, and without panels, no concrete required and the small hole is easy to dig. I bolted decking boards along to make a simple post-and-rail fence. in my case there are shrubs, bulbs and flowers behind.

You can use concrete spurs if you want them to last. I did, and painted with dark chocolate masonry paint to blend in with the dark-stained boards.

I think this is the way to go. I can easily dig out a hole and put in a fence post. The bit I need to dig currently has sacked sand and hardcore in it. Hopefully should be easy to sort out.

Is that to stop people driving across the pavement and onto your garden ? What ever you do ensure it does not create a hazard for people walking along the pavement.

Yes, the fence post needs to be on my property and not on the public path.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back