Advice needed. Garden boundary two different levels.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

I would appreciate some advice on the best way to go about installing new fence on the boundary of my house.

My drive is on a gradient and I have recently had a new driveway but the only problem was the existing front garden was higher than the drive itself. I've dug down to match the gradient of the new drive but as you can see, my neighbour's garden is at the original height . I'm just wondering what the best way to tidy the boundary would be? Something like dig down and concrete in some paving slabs level and install the fence in front of that?

Here are some pictures.
20180407_100954.jpg
20180407_101126.jpg

Sponsored Links
My back garden is the same as I am on a slight hill

I used concrete fence posts with 12" gravel boards (in my case buried 6" down on my side) with wooden panels plus trellis ontop

Concrete gravel boards is probsbly the easiest long term solution. The 300mm ones are proper heavy!

If your choice of fence doesnt suit the slots, you can always put timber battens in the slots and screw your fence to that.

Sponsored Links
Looks like gravel boards are my best bet then (y)

The old fella who live in the house before I moved in obviously wasn't too bothered about aesthetics and my neighbour's no better. He says it's been there since the 80s!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back