Frost stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new boiler installed just over 3 years ago in the loft, with a Honeywell frost stat next to it.

I have only noticed in the last month that the boiler is firing-up in the middle of the night. The frost stat is set at 3 degrees and I guessing that the temperature in my loft has fallen below this, which is why the boiler has come on. However, it can be on for 2 hours or so and all my rads heat up. Obviously I don't want a hot house while I am asleep and it's costing me money.

I thought the frost stat just circulated warm water for a few minuets or so and then shut off.

Is there a problem with the frost stat, or do I need a pipe stat installed as well. If I need a pipe stat, I am rather annoyed that it wasn't fitted at the time.

Any advice would be good. Thanks

Sponsored Links
No there is no problem with the froststat but because there is nothing heating the loft the frost st will never turn off. Correct way is frost stat on wall and pipe stat on the return pipe.

Now the heating will only run to keep the water just warm.

Thanks AlanE. Thought that might be the case.

Does anyone know if it's a simple and cheap job to install a pipe stat. Still, I guess whatever the price I should be able to recoup it, by paying less gas.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back