Fuel Cards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking into fuel cards recently and I cant seem to work them out, they seem to be a glorified credit card, you pay pump prices limited to a certain brand of garages and pay the bill once a month - or am I missing something?

Just trying to reduce diesel costs where possible :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
you are correct
its ideal when you have people working for you, saves giving them cash to fill up they just put it on the card,

some give you a weekly price, some a bunker price (BP) but they are more trouble than they are worth in my opinion.
i just use Morrisons and get my £5 reward vouchers which my good lady uses on the shopping. they are also 3 - 4p cheaper most of the time.

fair enough just thought I'd look into them wont bother wasting my time ;)

Sponsored Links
Our company gives us one, and I think its a hell of a lot better than giving the employees cash, all sorts would go on with that, we can buy fuel and oil on the card, for a one or two person team Im not sure it would be worth it though.

My company uses them and they are a nightmare,
i drive a 7.5 ton truck all over the south and have a bp card which means i can only fill up at a bp garage so if i running low on fuel i might have to drive miles out of my way to the nearest bp garage.
also you need a pin number to use it as well so if you use another bp card you need the number as well
stick to cash alot better and can fill up anywhere

I've got an All Star card from my company which I can use just about anywhere.

Mainly fill up at Tesco as it's one of the cheapest, convenient, and I still get to collect the clubcard points.

Company pays the bill, I provide a mileage record sheet each month, they charge me at a reasonable rate for any private mileage at the weekend or whatever, and there's no VAT receipts to lose.

Back