fuel injection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im really having problems with my renaul megane II, its an 03 plate.... ive had nothing but problems with it but the latest is that i changed the battery last week and since then the fuel injection light comes on when it gets hot i.e been sitting in traffic for a while however if i stop the car and start it again it is ok for a bit.

I put four new ignition coils in thinking it may be misfiring but that doesnt seem to have made a difference. I just find it very bizarre that it almost resets itself once i restart the engine..

I took it to the garage and they plugged the computer into it however nothing was coming up because the computer light had gone of at this point so it had reset itself again.

Any ideas would be so appreciated as im really getting fed up with it now, also the variable cam pulley needs replacing so not sure if this could be the root of the problem.

Thanks to anyone who can help,

jo

Sponsored Links
I thought the fault code should be saved in the memory regardless when the fault happened. But I could be wrong.

Impossible to say whats putting the light on and you will be out a fortune if you try to fix the problem "blind" (changing items for mew components).

Sounds as though the coolant fan out on the front radiator is not coming on and the engine is starting to overheat. Can you hear the fan when the engine gets really hot in traffic?

good luck with this one, they are full of electrical problems.
Try to live with it until the management light comes back on permanently and then get the codes read, it will save you a whole world of pain!
Personally id get rid of it when its fixed, terrible cars !

Sponsored Links
Back