Full fill cavity to warm roof insulation detail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a drawing or photo of the join between a brick and block wall with a full fill cavity (100mm wool), connecting to a flat warm roof? I am trying to design the roof for my extension and all I can seem to find are details for cold roof designs and details for parapet roofs. I've attached a drawing of what I have so far, I just can't seem to uncover the right info about how to bring the insulation up to the top of the joists and how to secure it in place.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 14.40.44.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 14.40.44.png
    994.5 KB · Views: 286
Sponsored Links
You would take the wall and insulation up to meet the underside of the insulation, or just stuff the area with quilt insulation or vertical celotex.

You would take the wall and insulation up to meet the underside of the insulation, or just stuff the area with quilt insulation or vertical celotex.

Would you fit noggins somewhere around the end of the joists to secure the insulation and close off the end of the structure?

There would be a noggin 25mm off the internal face to catch the boards. You you put one off the external face too for the soffit, or for the fascia backing.

Sponsored Links
There would be a noggin 25mm off the internal face to catch the boards. You you put one off the external face too for the soffit, or for the fascia backing.

I can’t picture what you’ve described, do you have (or could you draw) something to explain please?

You you put one off the external face too for the soffit, or for the fascia backing.

Like this? Would you recommend version 1 (overhang causing an air gap) or version 2 (reduced joist length to remove air gap)?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 17.46.43.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 17.46.43.png
    866.6 KB · Views: 271
@^woody^ @noseall

This is the exact problem I have been trying to resolve! If I was to full fill with quilt insulation what would be the best insulation to use? Would you also fill over the top of the block and brick walls (crossing cavity)

Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back