Fully enclosing a walk-in shower??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
Morning all, we’ve recently purchased a house in need of renovation, we’ve been looking at ideas for the shower room and came across this picture in a catalog, is it a good/bad idea to fully enclose a shower as seen in the picture (boxed in above the glass), if a good extractor fan is fitted within the shower could it still cause any issues?
We like the look but not sure about the practical side of it.
Any advice appreciated as always.

Sponsored Links
I know that there are showers that double as steam rooms, so presumably the technology is sorted to extract steam when used as a shower?
I don’t really see an issue if the roof is suitable material. It’s just a “small bathroom/ wet room”?

Thanks for the reply @Tigercubrider ,yes it’s only a small shower room, provided the extractor fan is powerful enough then hopefully will be ok

Sponsored Links
From what I've seen, it's fairly common in the US to have a fully enclosed shower cubicle like that.

If, like you say, the extraction is decent then it makes a lot of sense to contain most of the steam/water vapour into one area fully prepared to handle it rather than the entire bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back