fund raising advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
to cut a long story short(ish) i need some advice on fund raising for my kids primary school, due to financial constraints our council, North Lanarkshire, have tonight voted to close the school, we have been in contact with a lawyer who says we have a very good case to fight the closure due to the council skullduggery and slight of hand (to put it politely) when dealing with the consultation process, BUT he says we must be prepared to lose just in case, and if we lose we will need to fund a £10k lawyer bill, so back to the topic, any ideas on fund raising, anything at all that you have used or heard of, it p1sses me off that we need to do this but the options they have offered the kids is
criminal cheers :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
to cut a long story short(ish) i need some advice on fund raising for my kids primary school, due to financial constraints our council, North Lanarkshire, have tonight voted to close the school, we have been in contact with a lawyer who says we have a very good case to fight the closure due to the council skullduggery and slight of hand (to put it politely) when dealing with the consultation process, BUT he says we must be prepared to lose just in case, and if we lose we will need to fund a £10k lawyer bill, so back to the topic, any ideas on fund raising, anything at all that you have used or heard of, it p1sses me off that we need to do this but the options they have offered the kids is
criminal cheers :evil: :evil:

Mate recently I did a walk over coals for the local hospital, all you need is a bit of grass to lay coals on and bloke comes and sets it all up, not sure how much it costs but sponsorship should cover that with bit left over

Good luck with it all

How many kids are in the school? are any parents in the legal profession or have relatives that are?, if you think there has been some skulduggery appeal to the council ombudsman I don't know the rules in Scotland but there must be a legal approach of appeal without incurring cost.

So, you need to use your own money to fight the Council and, the Council are going to use YOUR money to defend the action. You can't win!

Sponsored Links
So, you need to use your own money to fight the Council and, the Council are going to use YOUR money to defend the action. You can't win!

oh we have already discussed this one!!!!!!! the lawyer is confident we have a case but has done his job by advising us we could lose so will incur costs, we are just a group of ordinary parents trying to do our best and it is heartbreaking to know that ian huntly will get £20k (i know it is totally unrelated) also if you call a TV or sports star or politician a this or that they get £150k compen :evil: :evil:
i hated politics before but now i really hate it, why should our kids pay for their managerial negligence, we work in construction we f**k up we get the sack, fair enough, the council f**k up they shut a school or elderly home to recover the lost dosh aaaahhhhh i need to go and hit my head off the wall to relieve the strain :LOL:
c'mon peeps get your thinking caps on

I would get the media on board to maximise publicity and maybe a local business man will step in with his wallet.

How will you pay for its yearly running costs BTW :?:

I would get the media on board to maximise publicity and maybe a local business man will step in with his wallet.

How will you pay for its yearly running costs BTW :?:

we have been on BBC Scotland news and have some local and national papers doing the story, the case we are fighting is to prove the council were wrong to decide to shut the school and have a moral and legal responsibility to keep it open, they quote legislation saying there are too many unused places but they are counting the music and computer rooms as "potential" classes so the school is underused, but the school they are moving them to is losing its computer and music room to cram the kids in so everyone is losing, frustrating is the polite word for it, the sponsorship campaign will need to begin in earnest now which will include asking all business etc but i asked on here for some ideas as well
cheers

Back