Furniture Painting, Spray?

ABN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to paint some bedroom furniture. After a smooth crisp modern look.

Initially I was looking to hand paint but feel with the combination of modern paints and my skills it will look hand painted.

So thought best to spray paint. Started looking at what I call the all in one HVLP systems, the likes of Wagner etc, but it seems they are designed more for quick high area coverage, walls fence panels etc, rather than “quality” of finish.

This led me on to separate Spray guns and compressor. Soon got confused with having to marry the right compressor to the spray gun and right needle size for the paint. Also they seem to be geared more to the automotive industry so not a lot of info regarding their suitability furniture painting using “household” paints.

Thought as well if going down the separate compressor route might be able to use it to power an airbrush for painting small items such as picture frames etc.

Spraying will be done in either the garage or garden, not in the house.

Any recommendations for a spray guns suitable for water and oil based paints suitable for furniture painting around the £100 mark?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back