spray painting advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Family & I are moving soon & i've got to redecorate every room in the new house.

The kids will be away & the stuff we own in storage, so i was hoping to be able to spray it for efficiently / good coverage / finish.

initially all walls are going to be magnolia'd & then brilliant white on ceilings & woodwork. (wickes trade emulsion & unknown gloss probably)

I've got a 3HP, 14cfm (10cfm free air) 150PSI compressor with 55LTR tank. I've also got a 1LTR siphon pot & 2LTR floor standing pressure pot with 2 spray guns (1.8mm & 2mm nozzles)

the 1.8mm spray gun works fine on a small spray pattern with trade emulsion thinned to 60/40 with water @ 60PSI. (great for coving & door frames / skirting etc) I havent tried the 2mm setup yet. (on a wide spray pattern, the paint doesnt seem to reach the target or it's really crap coverage - nozzle size maybe?)

I don't look forward to rollering it all, but will if this is really out of the question... I would like a "liveable" finish & in the shortest amount of time so i dont have to pay to keep the stuff stored too long...

anyone else tried this? any thoughts / help? anyone else tried spraying emulsion from a normal compressor system?

I've looked at HVLP guns although @ 10cfm free air, i dont think my compressor can supply enough air...

thanks

Sponsored Links
i used one for an ornate cornice a while back.the paint goes on much thinner so needs twice as many coats and the offspray is terrible .
imo not worth the effort.if it were any good it would be done in all the new builds which its not.
hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back