Spray Painting Furniture?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I bought a HVLP spray gun, initially to do our 50m of fencing - great; should have bought one years ago.... anyway....

.... I've decide to strip/repaint a table from the house - it's now all sanded and waiting to be painted, but does anyone have any idea the best kind of paint(s) to use? It's to be white, and what I have available is;

* Water based white primer
* Water based white satinwood
* White emulsion
* Silk finish Bolger's lacquer (designed for spray application).

Any suggestions as to which combination of the above I should use?

Sponsored Links
I am not familiar with the Bolgers but I do not think you can use ordinary trim paints in a spray gun.

You would be advised to consult the manufacturers as to whether any particular paint is suitable and if so, by how much to thin it and with what.

I would apply undercoat by hand then spray the top coat(s), but don't mix oilbased and waterbased.

In fact, I wouldn't spray paint furniture at all - I'd just use an eggshell finish (not satin) and paint it on with as soft a brush as I could find. Three coats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back