Spray Painting Interior - How Different to Other Spraying?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Basically we are renovating a small flat, it will have new plaster on some of the walls and the whole ceiling, and we want to use spray painting on the walls, ceiling and the new hardwood front door to give a smoother finish.

I have a lot of experience in spraying - car stuff, models, wood fences, etc, but not interior (first time buyer). I also have a semi-pro compressor with air guns.

I am just wondering how difficult is spraying interior compared to other spray painting, let's say a car bumper? Is it pretty straight forward - make smooth, mask up, apply primer, apply paint?

And also, do the primers cog up air guns? Is there certain kind of primer/paint I should avoid? At the moment I am just planning on using normal water-based paint.

Please advise!

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Mate...dont bother it isnt worth setting it up for one room...you know the amount of masking and sheeting you'l need to do.

You need a pretty powerful machine to pump out emulsion at a decent rate..something like an airless set up..about 120 quid a day to hire..they do clog but good ones have reversable tungsten tips so you can blast any crud out..

But by the time you take to set it up..have a play spray then wash it all out you could paint the room a couple of times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back