Fuse keeps blowing

I have just replaced the damaged wires and re-instated switch as it was. I changed the bulb and checked. All is good. I will need to sort out the wiring in the switch though as that wall is coming down soon and just need a single switch. Looking at it, I think Ill add a spacer to the switch due to not being a very deep back box. This whole thing has been very weird how it all stemmed from a switch in the hallway. Coincidence or not? I do actually have a multimeter but would you believe the fuse in it has blown!

Sponsored Links
The insulation is damaged on the red wire ,bottom right of pic. The blue bridge wire ,at the lower terminal appears to have a strand of bare copper wire sticking out that .
Both above needs attention. Can't see with any clarity the earth conductors ,are all of them connected together in a terminal on the metal
box ?
The damage looks like trapping between the backbox and the plate, that would give it a path to earth in a trapped state.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back