Fuse / Light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I got back home yesterday to find that the fuse for the downsatirs bathroom/kitchen lights had tripped. I flicked the fuse switch back on, and heard a loud crack, and it tripped again.

I have finally discovered that when I turn the fuse back on, the loud crack (and a big spark) are coming from a light on the bathroom ceiling.

Would anyone be able to offer any advice as to what I can do?

thanks,

Rob

Sponsored Links
Call an electrician and ask him to take a look at the problem?

If you were hands-on then I assume you would have dropped the fitting and taken a look at the connections already.

^agreed, theres too much to learn in one hit, its time for an electrician to have a look, or a friend who is handy and has a multimeter. the circuit should not be turned on again until it has been verified that its not going to trip when it is switched on again (otherwise it may do damage when you turn it on).

Sponsored Links
sounds like shorting out, see if there is a fried mouse above the fitting or on the circuit feeding the lights, if not then its a case of finding the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back