fused connector in 3core+E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've fitted a 12V extractor fan in a bathroom via a triple pole isolator as per Breezer's drawingat the front of this forum. Mr part P wants me to add a 3A fuse as reccommended by the manufaturers. Can I just put a fused spur in the 3core cable, connecting live and switched live to the same terminals, in other words treating it as twin+E?

Sponsored Links
not unless you wan't your fan and light stuck on

you have 3 options

1: fuse the supply to the bathroom light before the lightswitch (probablly the easiest method)
2: use a double pole pull cord and seperate the fan and light switching systems
3: use two seperate fuses for the permananent and switched lives

i reckon option 1 is the easiest.

Thanks for your reply. I like the idea of option 1 but then all the lights downline from the bathroom will be on the 3Afuse. Will that be OK?

just remove the two cables currently connecting the bathroom light to the lighting circuit and put them in the supply side of the FCU then take a cable from the load side of the FCU to the light

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back