fused switched spur for underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my underfloor heating thermostat requires a L and N feed. Right below it behind the wall there is a electrical double socket. This double socket is spurred off another double socket which is exactly opposite on the other side. From what I understand, you if the socket has two feeds, then you can spur off it but if it has 3 then it's already spurred off and if it has one then its spurring off another socket as it is.

My dilemma is that in order to place a fused spur for the underfloor heating, I have to loose the current spurred double socket so that I can put the spur for the underfloor heating feed. The location of this current spurred double socket where the underfloor heating spur will need to go is in a storage room and ideally I would prefer to have at least one plug socket. So wondering since a single fused spur is a single plate and I already have a double backbox on the wall, is there any double plate I can get that incorporates a single plug socket and a single fused spur? that way I can have both.

I cannot seem to find anything online, i've looked on google images and found something like this:

Black%20Nickel%20ingot%2045amp%20cooker%20Switch%20and%20Socket.jpg

Would something like this work, but looking for simple plain white version.

Sponsored Links
Hi, you can have a 1x double socket or 1x single socket or 1x FCU as a spur from a ring but you can't have 2x singles or 1single and FCU.

You would have to incorporate your UFH spur into the ring.

Regards,

DS

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=208578

They basically don't exist.

The only way to have a socket and the heating off the spur would be to have the FCU before either of them. So the FCU and a single socket in a duel box?

The socket would only operate when the FCU was on though. It might be easier to extend the ring. Which if you can get another cable back to the socket where the spur comes from is pretty trivial.

What deadshort said - and, as for the cooker switch+socket you found, that has no fuse, so could not fulfil the function of an FCU, anyway.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back