G2 Exit Time & Door Contact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a Galaxy G2 Panel in place for several years and always had it set to be a 15 second countdown timer before the system full sets.
I have a door contact set as FINAL.
However, is it possible whereby when i'm exiting the house and full set, that the system can interrupt that the countdown and full set the system once the door is shut and the zone is CLOSED?

I've tried setting the Coutdown timer to 00 and the option to exit terminal as Full set, but when door closes it just keeps a long continuous tone and never sets?

Can someone advise what i'm doing wrong, or is what i'm after not a feature of the G2 panels?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like your door contact isn't working.
It should bypass the programmed exit time if the door is programmed as final.

The system won't set if the exit time is 00 if the system doesn't see the final zones close.

Can you want test the front door contact to confirm its working?

It sounds like your door contact isn't working.
It should bypass the programmed exit time if the door is programmed as final.

The system won't set if the exit time is 00 if the system doesn't see the final zones close.
Can you want test the front door contact to confirm its working?

I can confirm that the door contact is fully working as if i set it to a 15 second exit time, then close the door, after the 15 seconds I get the double bleep and 'system is full set' if the contact was faulty it would say zone open (did before when i had a contact fail).

However, just to clarity to use the programmed exit using the contact, does the setting have to be initiated BEFORE opening then closing the door - does it not work if i open the Door, fob to full set the system, go out the door, then close it so that the zone is closed?

Some clarification may help when using the feature.
thanks.

It won't set if you have the setting as exit terminate ....it's looking for a button to be pressed

Sponsored Links
if the contact was faulty it would say zone open (did before when i had a contact fail).

Not necessarily. The contact may be permanently/ latched closed.

As previously suggested confirm the contact is working by displayig the zone status in menu 21.

Thanks

I've had a Galaxy G2 Panel in place for several years and always had it set to be a 15 second countdown timer before the system full sets.
I have a door contact set as FINAL.
However, is it possible whereby when i'm exiting the house and full set, that the system can interrupt that the countdown and full set the system once the door is shut and the zone is CLOSED?

I've tried setting the Coutdown timer to 00 and the option to exit terminal as Full set, but when door closes it just keeps a long continuous tone and never sets?

I'm no alarm expert but I did self-install my G2-12 (with help on this forum) and have it working as you require. I have Easy Set enabled on mine, so when leaving the house I press A which initiates the countdown timer screen, but it doesn't count down. It doesn't matter whether I press A before or after opening the door, but after closing the door the alarm confirms it has set. There is no time limit (well, maybe there is, but if so then it's so long we've never encountered it lol). When setting PART SET or NIGHT SET it counts down from 30 secs then sets.

My front door contact is set as FINAL.
Exit time is set to 00.
Exit terminate is set to 0.
I'm sure you're aware but if you have any other zones covering your FINAL zone (ie a PIR sensor covering the hallway/front door) they need to be EXIT zones.

Try it and see if that works for you, perhaps there are more relevant settings I could look up for you if it doesn't work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back