Honeywell galaxy exit termination

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm currently wiring an exit termination button to my G2-20, the button is normally open and wired with a 1K resistor over the contacts and a second 1K back to the panel (drawing below) as a zone would be wired, when I do this it sets immediately without the button being touched, all the menu's are set up to use exit terminate on full and part only and zone 1026 is set as push set, can anyone please tell me where I'm going wrong and help me to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Josh

Sponsored Links
The G2 only supports NC on the push set. Get someone to keep the button depressed, set the system and ask them to let go. You will see that it will work.

It's pretty clear about this in the manual:
"Wiring Push-Set Buttons
Zones programmed as Push-Set (terminator) buttons are closed going open (1 kΩ to 2 kΩ)"

Thanks for the reply, in the installation manual I have got it says it can be either, I'll see if I can't hunt down a NC button and swap it out

Thanks for the help, Josh

My book says 'Push-set zone > Open-Closed or Closed-Open' (With drawings)
II1-0032 Rev 1.1Page 14 Figure 9

Sponsored Links
An old manual?

I have V2.1 Although V1.0 also shows the same NC for push set. I don't have V1.1 to compare with.

More likely an error with the document where they've added the G3 push set diagram in the G2 V1.1 document release.

I've tested the latest V1.55 release and it requires the push to set to be NC.

Yes, it's only V1.1 that appears to be wrong. V1.0 and V2.X are fine. Please refer to the latest manuals and not outdated ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back