Galaxy G2-20 push set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm trying to set a Honeywell galaxy system to start the setting process on a temporary closed contact (ie push button)

I cant use the push button zone setting as this is only to end an already alarm setting condition and I cant use a key switch zone as this would mean the push button could unset the system.

Any help?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Apart from implementing 'easy set' for quick setting via the keypad A or B button, there's no simple solution I know of. You could always install RF and use a radio fob :)

The complex solution would be latching the keyswitch input with an output.

You might be able to use a handy little relay, driven from an output programmed as SET, to disable your push button, programmed as keyswitch, when the alarm is set.

i.e. push the button and the keyswitch zone sets the alarm. This fires the output which energises the relay. The relay contacts then disable the keyswitch. When the alarm is unset from the keypad, the relay will we be de-enerised allowing the push button to work again.

I don't think it's as simple as that. The set signal isn't instant and the keyswitch isn't a momentary input. The relay would need to be latched instantly when the button is pressed and then de-energised only when the system is unset.

If you latched a relay using the set signal, when you pressed the button, the exit timer would start and as soon as you released the button the system would unset. You would need to keep your finger on the button until the set signal arrived after the exit timer expired or final zone triggered. Changing pushbutton for a switch would be messy too.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

thanks for your replies.

Re the why; basically I've added an SMS gateway (its basically a phone you can txt that has relay outputs and inputs). With this I can txt into the box which will then text back which circuits are open/closed, giving me a status of set/unset etc.

What I want to do is sms to the box to arm the system (if we leave home and have forgotten), but I want this to be very much a one way setting so that no amount of hacking the phone etc can unarm the system

thx

SMS based controllers are generally configured only to allow commands from known numbers, making it unlikely that anyone would switch your system off.

Although your system will let you know it has triggered Etc. I'm assuming that you will only receive limited information depending on the number of channels you tie to panel outputs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back