Gable end porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
Iam intending to build a porch with a gable end onto my bungalow, it will be onto the existing 30 deg pitch roof , nominal size 2m wide by 1.5 m deep , doing the sums the pitch gives a ridge height of 580 mm above wall plate , this seems a little low, would it look awkward if the pitch were increased to give say 750 mm ridge ht? The gable ends of the bungalow are not visible from front view and planning doesn't apply given the footprint. Roofing tiles are concrete Barnstaples sourced used to match existing roof, given a few degrees rise in pitch would they look odd ? Obviously there would be valleys either side to give a visual separation, thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I think height is 3m max for PD on a porch - guess yours may well be.

personally I think the differing pitch would look fine.

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed if tiles run in line either side of a valley - which would only work if the roof pitches were the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back