Gable Front Sunroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya
I got plans for my sunroom, and I'm using Redland Double tiles.. The roof pitch is 30 degrees, The comments on the plans is "Code 4 flashing dressed 150mm UNDER roof tiles and 100mm up wall into 50mm deep raggle"

When laying the battens, would I have one vertically coming down where the new roof meets the building like a valley and tile OVER the lead?

The roof across is 4.2meters and eaves to ridge is 4meters

based on the basic tile sizes, I've worked out that it will take 15 tiles across and 14 tiles up, there for 420 altogether for both sides.. I am having Cloaked verges but currently waiting a response from Redland for the sizes of these.. So far does it sound about right?

Tile battens will be 38x25mm and nails will be 70x3.75mm

Total tile battens if 4.8 meters - 28?

COunter battens will be installed also,

If I hold the first tile 50mm over the fascia, this should be enough cover into the gutter? and put my first batten there.. Hold the top batten down by about 10 - 15mm from the ridge so the two sides don't sit on each other? then measure from the first batten to the top batten and divid by gauge? This would be correct?

Sponsored Links
post the plans so we can see.. photo will do if it's clear and of a decent size ( might have to "chop it up" if it's a big plan and going to be a big photo.. the site re-sizes them..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back