Gable wall Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Im insulating the loft and have got to the gable wall. the house is semi and the wall is on the neighbours side. How do I go about insulating this wall because their loft is un converted and will leak heat heavily.

Im using the kingspan batts for the roof but I may use fibreglass for the wall, cant really afford any more of the kingspan.

My question is really, does a structure need to be built at the gable wall to recieve the insulation or what?

Im at a loss here myself. Any suggestions welcome!

Sponsored Links
kingspan may work out cheaper by the time you have built a stud cradle for the fiberglass.
if space is at a premium then kingspan will win hands down.

Thanks for the reply but im not sure where your coming from.

I get that a stud cradle needs building.

Do i still need the cradle if im using kingspan? i cant think of another way to fit the insulation to the gable without a cradle - kingspan or not.

Sponsored Links
if you are still nervous about using foam fix, insulation backed plasterboards can be dot 'n' dabbed to the wall also.

Thats exactly what im looking for. i'll have a look at these. Thanks a bunch

it looks a bit thin, i assume theres bigger sizes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back