Gainsborough 2000x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a house which has a Gainsborough 2000x electric shower already installed. Is there any way to tell what the kW rating is? I have no instruction manual.

Sponsored Links
If you remove the outer cover there should be a data plate somewhere. (make sure mains to shower is isolated first :rolleyes: )

I've done this, but can't find the data plate! There is a sticker which reads:

Gainsborough Energy 2000x

Supply 240V ~ 108kw
Loading 230V ~ 9.9kw

Does this mean anything?

Sponsored Links
Was it blindingly obvious?! :oops:
So I can just swap like for like then with no probs then?

matt1972 said:
Was it blindingly obvious?! :oops:
So I can just swap like for like then with no probs then?

In theory, yes - a like-for-like swap should be possible.

It would be sensible to check that the existing set-up meets current standards first though - ie. 10mm2 twin & earth cable, with suitable circuit protection - ask on the Electrics forum for advice.

You have to be registered to do electrical work in kitchens and bathrooms now though.

Actually - after looking at the pics in the following post, I would recommend getting advice from the professional guys on the Electrics forum before you do anything.

I'm a fairly competent DIYer, but don't want to be responsible for anything like that, through a bit of casual advice !! :)

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=587449

Cheers Mike. Will get it checked out.
By the way, do people really spend 15-20 minutes in the shower on their own?? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back