Gaisborough Diplomat shower - pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a gainsborough diplomat power shower in my bathroom. I took the feed from the hot and cold bath tap supplies (the cold feeds off of the loft tank which is a 50 gallon tank on a raised box area in the Loft).

the installation instructions said to take the feed from the tank supply.

The shower runs really well but if both my kids take a shower one after the other (one does like to soak a bit) then the shower has a tendancy to run out of water and stops. the Hot supply is fed from the immmersion tank on the landing (same level as the bathroom) but the actual hot water is supplied via the boiler in the garage whihc heats both the water and the central heating.

I have looked in the tank and the only thing I can see that looks a possible problem is that the cold feed to the tank appears to be furred up and although the water runs through it does not have the same sort of pressure that i get from the downstairs kitchen cold tap.

Have I made an error in the installation or is it something else?

Sponsored Links
1. put the other kid in first and then the one that likes to soak a bit will run out and save you a lot of money.
2. The feed pipes should come directly from the tank (hot and cold)
3. Does your hot tank take hot water directly from the boiler or indirectly through an internal coil from the boiler?
4. How big is the hot tank?

1, I have done that and he complains!!

2, I have taken the feed pipes from the Bath tap supplies Which appear to come from the tanks.

3, I haven't got a clue the boiler is in the garage and fed to the immersion tank on the landing. which then feeds the rest of the house.

4, The immersion tank is fairly big but I am not sure as to the capacity.

I have changed the furred up feed valve to the cold tank in the loft and discovered that the switch appeared to have seized up (allowing the takn to feed ver slowly) it now appears to fill much quicker and touch wood I have had no trouble since!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back