Galaxy Alarm - help needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, thanks so much in advance for your help and HNY.

We have moved into a new place which has this old galaxy alarm system in place (i can only see the key panel and not the big box that some have referred to in other posts). Pls see picture.

It gives me two errors (i) tel line fail; and (ii) ARC comms failed and asks me for a user reset.

This was an ADT system and ADT are saying they no longer deal with the system and need to replace the whole system + give a contract which is quite $$$.

I just want to turn off the system for now as every night at 3am, the alarm needs a code and wake everyone up. I do have the code btw.

Could someone please help as how to disconnect it for the time being (or reset the system). I have tried the basic reset advise but haven’t been successful.

Thanks so much in advance

Attachments

• 36B98222-1270-442D-BA2D-C03C96597D09.jpeg
    36B98222-1270-442D-BA2D-C03C96597D09.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 197
Sponsored Links
To try a factory reset you will need to find the panel

Sponsored Links
You will need to find the panel to reset it if you want to use it or if you want to power down .

Post a pic of panel and what you want to do, power down or try to reset (adt sometimes use there own stuff) so may not reset

Please see picture attached. Reset would be ideal but can ok with power down if that’s difficult.

Attachments

• 77CC40D6-CA42-4C5E-BE9C-2867112D32F0.jpeg
    77CC40D6-CA42-4C5E-BE9C-2867112D32F0.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 198

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back