Honeywell Galaxy Series 2 help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have the above alarm. Originally installed by ADT a decade ago, it used to text us when it went off but that feature hasn't worked since we cancelled our monitoring contract and had some dodgy alarm men come and reset the whole box (ADT didn't give us the engineers code when we left and wanted £110 for the priveledge).

Since then it's worked fine as a stand alone system, until recently...

We had an issue with our broadband. BT have been to resolve it and said the now redundant tel line to the alarm wasn't helping the broadband issue. As the phone bit of the alarm hasn't worked for years he disconnected the tel line.

However, now I can't set the alarm as the pad says 'Tel Line Fail - Manager Reset Required'. I've tried the Manager reset code but it won't let me clear it, presumably because the tel line issue is obviously not resolved.

Can someone talk me through the steps to get the alarm to no longer try to recognise the tel line so it goes back to working perfectly as a stand alone alarm system please?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Got the engineer code.
Is it just menu 56,
1 (Telecoms)
10 (Line Test Fail)

I need to change? Didn't know if there was a knock on effect of changing this or if there were any other menu options I need to address.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back