honeywell galaxy g2 tel line fail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having problems with my pstn BT line. i am unsure what but occasionally my line went dead and the alarm started bleeping. each time i called out BT the line corrected itself before they arrived.

after the last episode, the phone is now working, but i cannot get out of engineer mode, as it say 'tel line fail'

i have re-run the wires from the BT master socket (2&5 to A&B) . and i have run a slave socket from the alarm and the phone still works plugged into that socket.

i am beginning to suspect a fault with the honeywell.

i do not use any remote dialling, or SMS etc. is there anyway i can disable the telephone line check? or test that the alarm is detecting the line correctly?

Sponsored Links
Change setting 56.1.10 to disable line check, then perform a 51.17.1 panel restart to flush the fault out.

Get an Ethernet module and remote control / monitor your panel over IP.

thank you very much!!! i had disabled the line, but didn't know about the restart. fantastic.

i'll have a read up about the ethernet module, i assume this would allow me to email on fault / the alarm sounding?

thank you very much!!! i had disabled the line, but didn't know about the restart. fantastic.

i'll have a read up about the ethernet module, i assume this would allow me to email on fault / the alarm sounding?

Okay, great.

Yes, remote control is direct via Phone apps. Reporting is via SelfMon service.

Sponsored Links
where would i get one from, the only modules i seem to be able to see are for galaxy flex at £190?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back