galaxy aqua 3000 10.5 stopped working when in full flow ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the shower was working one minute and not the next ?
I have power to the pull switch (red light is on)
No lights on the showers and no water coming out
Didn't trip the circuit board
Flow, temp, heat, were all fine until it stopped

I think it may be the solenoid after looking on here, but want an up to date answer if anyone can help, I need a wash !
thanks
graham

Sponsored Links
First thing is to check you are getting power to the shower. Use a meter not a screwydriver and remove the cover to check at the terminals.If this is ok you could well be right.

Thanks WIng, I have power at the terminals so a solenoid looks to be the culprit ! do you know if they are easy to replace ? i dont want to call a leccy out unless i have to due to cost :D
Thanks for your help
Graham

as said above check power is at the shower.
you say you have power at the shower is the power neon on ?
if so check the solenoid coil for resistance in it's failed state.

Sponsored Links
Yes. have checked the mains power (grey 3 core cable) and all seems ok to me. As i said earlier was working one moment and not the next ! Missis was going mad as she was still in there :LOL:

no neon light then no power the neon is the first take off from the mains cable.

how did you check for mains power L to what N or E ?

it's all sorted now, changed the solenoid and it's working fine now.It was a buggar to change as i had to take the shower off the wall couldn't just pull the old solenoid out of it's housing as there was no room to pull it down!! still it's all done, thanks for all your help to everyone. Just my boiler to sort now aaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh. !!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back