Galaxy Aqua 3000 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im new to the boards so please be gentle lol

ive got a Galaxy 3000 been fitted for about 2 yrs now 2 days ago i bought a new shower head from the Focus sale the packaging wasn't great.
Any way ive fitted the shower head had a lovely shower next day the misses
switched it on and the water came out the head and then next minute there was a popping sound from the Unit.

now the water is coming out of the tube at the bottom of the unit and shower not so drips.

its like the water is going threw the unit but if i put my finger over the Tube the water comes out the head like it should do.

is there any body who can help me on this matter please and also is it wise to block the pipe off

Thank you

Sponsored Links
sounds as though the PRD (pressure relief device) has opened, usually when these have gone they need to be replaced (about £7). Chances are the new shower head is too restrictive causing a build up in pressure. Best to replace with original parts.

sounds as though the PRD (pressure relief device) has opened, usually when these have gone they need to be replaced (about £7). Chances are the new shower head is too restrictive causing a build up in pressure. Best to replace with original parts.

Thank you for your reply it seems to be the (PRD)

Ive been looking into it and that know you have confirmed this im ordering the part

once again Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back