Galaxy Flex 20 & GPRS +LINE FAILCOM4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I blame the long cold snap, but out of the blue after 10 years of faultless service, my Flex 20 with a GPRS module has thrown a dreaded +Line Failcom4 unclearable fault. I've tried an engineer reset (51.17.1) and a shutdown (51.17.5), unplug module, restart, shutdown and plug back in, fault keeps coming back each time after i arm it. Joke is there is no network/comms issue because the GPRS module is sending out plenty of messages to my phone without any delay in delivery.

If anyone has experience of this particular scenario, let me know? Even if you know how to suppress the line failcom messaging would be amazing. I have an install manual so menu codes most welcome with advice given.

I've tweaked a few things like Line Fail (51.68) from 50 to 1800 seconds, no luck.

Failing this if anyone has a cheeky firmware file and the Honeywell flash program, I might see if an update might fix (panel is on v1.12 firmware and GPRS module has 100-02453 REV.E1 sticker on it).

Please save me from the eternal press enter twice after each set and unset pleaseeee!

Sponsored Links
You have a V1 Flex which, unfortunately does not allow for comms suppression. I'm not sure if you're using GPRS to the free Honeywell push notification server via the app, or the GSM direct SMS to your phone. Normally, if you get a COM error due to a failed transmission, you need to have two further successful transmissions on that same path before engineering mode can clear the fault

If you are continuing to receive the fault after a restart, the panel is attempting to send on that same path and failing.

Are you sure you don't have Ethernet fitted and the Ethernet path is the one that's failing? Ethernet is normally COM4, but I cannot remember if the old V1 Flex uses COM4 for GPRS versus the usual COM5.

You have a V1 Flex which, unfortunately does not allow for comms suppression. I'm not sure if you're using GPRS to the free Honeywell push notification server via the app, or the GSM direct SMS to your phone. Normally, if you get a COM error due to a failed transmission, you need to have two further successful transmissions on that same path before engineering mode can clear the fault

If you are continuing to receive the fault after a restart, the panel is attempting to send on that same path and failing.

Are you sure you don't have Ethernet fitted and the Ethernet path is the one that's failing? Ethernet is normally COM4, but I cannot remember if the old V1 Flex uses COM4 for GPRS versus the usual COM5.
Thank you for the quick response GalaxyGuy and very appropriate username!

To confirm it is the GPRS module GX (A070-00-01) and is programmed to sms message faults and alarms to two mobile phones. Thanks for the note on 2 successful transmissions to clear, I will try that, but baffling as messages are still coming through just fine. I might try something simple first like get the simcard replaced, as I had one previously that stopped working and a new one did the trick (but was not the same error).

In regards to COM channels, i think you can only fit an ethernet or GPRS module (not both), so I think both are COM4 depending on which module you fit. However programming, Ethernet is sub menu 4 and GSM sub menu 5, see attached. That is baffling me slightly, wondering if I have some kind of "phantom" ethernet bug.

I am thinking SIM or module i.e. hardware issue, given it has just popped up out the blue, I haven't adjusted any other settings recently that could be throwing a false positive failcom. Very mysterious!

Attachments

• Alarm install manual.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 131
Sponsored Links
GalaxyGuy appreciate the tips, logged in as engineer today and sent two test messages (56.4.05) but unfortunately didn't clear the fault.

However, for any other v1 Flex owners with the same issue, just switch the option in the image to off. My guess is the EE network temporary went down (maybe weather related due to the prolonged sub zero temperatures) just long enough to trigger the fault. Immediately following the fault there were no problems, so the module and SIM are fine. Line Failcom now gone! Merry Christmas all

Attachments

• 20221226_132803.jpg
    20221226_132803.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back