Honeywell Galaxy Flex Help Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to upgrade my old ADE Optima 2+ as one of the RKP's has failed. This was installed by myself and has been more or less faultless in service until now.

I'm after a wired system that can email me with alerts. Also remote interrogation via a smartphone / tablet would be nice.

It looks as though the Flex 20 would suit my needs and it appears to be a quality product, but have a couple of questions.

Is the Flex 20 'DIYer' friendly? I assume support is restricted as the product is for professional install only.
Is the Ethernet Module IB (A083-00-01) the correct interface for IP based alarms and remote app, or should the more expensive Honeywell Galaxy Ethernet Module (E080-04) be used?
Are the Reson8 bell boxes compatible with it?
What does V3.1 firmware give over V3.0?
Best place to buy from?

Any help / advice will be much appreciated
Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
I would steer clear of the Flex range, there are still reports of firmware bugs. The G2-12 and G2-20 (having up to 12 zones and 20 zones respectively) can be picked up from eBay for less than £50 and are more solid. They don't come with any manuals - though Google is your friend here. They are pretty simple to DIY install - probably easier than the antique that you are removing. If you prefer to buy new then see securitywarehouse.co.uk

Avoid the expensive Honeywell modules too. See selfmon.co.uk for a third party module which is designed for use with their SMS alerting and monitoring service. There are also Android and iPhone apps available which will enable you to set and unset the panel remotely.

Any modern bell box will be compatible. Avoid the Honeywell tat. You would be best looking at the Texecom Oddyssey range (either the 2, 3 or 3e).

In the end I went for the Texecom Premier Elite 48.

I receive text alerts via the Com2400, and hopefully email alerts via the ComIP, Montex and Texbase are up and running, just need to sort out the email delivery method.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back