Honeywell galaxy ethernet module e080-2 'S' terminal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all -

I've installed an e080-2 ethernet module (F099 01 208 on the chip sticker) into a Honeywell galaxy g2-20 (v1.56), connecting rs485 A/B and aux power +/-.

It's not working - the panel seems to recognise the correct number of modules on the bus, but ethernet diagnostics under menu 60 says 'device not present'. On power-on, there's the briefest flicker of the e080's led1 then no signs of life after that.

The e080 could well be knackered as it's used. I get the same behaviour if I connect another module to the e080 in parallel - e080 not working, but the other module works ok (RF portal).

Does anyone know what the 's' terminal on the e080's rs485 connector is for?

Thanks for any help or advice
Cheers Iain

Sponsored Links
Hi all -

I've installed an e080-2 ethernet module (F099 01 208 on the chip sticker) into a Honeywell galaxy g2-20 (v1.56), connecting rs485 A/B and aux power +/-.

It's not working - the panel seems to recognise the correct number of modules on the bus, but ethernet diagnostics under menu 60 says 'device not present'. On power-on, there's the briefest flicker of the e080's led1 then no signs of life after that.

The e080 could well be knackered as it's used. I get the same behaviour if I connect another module to the e080 in parallel - e080 not working, but the other module works ok (RF portal).

Does anyone know what the 's' terminal on the e080's rs485 connector is for?

Thanks for any help or advice
Cheers Iain

The 'S' is for connecting the shields when chaining shielded cables. It doesn't go anywhere on the module and is effectively a spare screw terminal.

The module should start up after a few seconds and the red rs485 bus led should start flashing. It sounds very much like your part has a fault.

Thanks for that info, v useful - and yes I'm inclined to agree it's faulty

I should have rather bought an lce-01 in the first place!

Sponsored Links
How can I assign IP address to E080-10 module. I have tried but not able to PING.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back