Galaxy Flex Versions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Have been looking for a Honeywell Galaxy Flex 050 alarm panel for a job, butvsees that there are manufacturing issues at present and they are in short supply with V3.1 firmware.

Can a V1 panel be upgraded?
These it seems are still available

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No, the V1, V3 and Flex+ V3 are all different. PM me if you need a V3.

Ok thanks. Could you maybe tell me the differences between the V1 and V3? Honeywell’s website does not give much away, and the supplier sites seem to list the V3 spec against the V1 panel!!

We don’t particularly need the video elements on the panel, just the capability to connect the Mk8 Keyproxy; PIR’; door contacts etc. And ideally have flexibility to add modules such as Ethernet.

Maybe the V1 panel would suffice?

The V3 added some major changes to the firmware. The biggest difference is the move to the high speed intellibus for the comm's modules. They then introduced intellibus versions of the GSM module and Ethernet modules and made the pricing more palatable with the domestic market (half the cost). Since the intellibus is faster, it supports multiple concurrent connections and multiple reporting paths.

The main reason I would say not to go for the older Flex now would be that Honeywell will not provide any firmware updates for any issues or new features. They would just tell you to buy a replacement V3 pcb as a fix.

I develop software and run a self monitoring platform for the Galaxy range, so normally have panels available if customers need them for DIY.

Sponsored Links
Ok, thanks for the information.
I am actually Trade as opposed to DIY, but relatively new to the alarm game and not had dealings with the Galaxy Flex range before.
Unless you have a source for new, in stock V3 panels, then best I keep hunting!

My qty is limited, so you'll probably need to wait until next year before stock is available from the usual resellers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back