"Facility Code" Honeywell Galaxy Flex DCM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@GalaxyGuy have you ever programmed a "facility code" into a Honeywell Galaxy Flex panel with a DCM module and HID iClass reader?

Can't seem to find an option for configuring it anywhere.

Sponsored Links
I've only used the facility code in the decoder software to convert the card id to Honeywell max id. I don't think there's any panel option.

It seems rather odd this feature is not supported in a security panel that supports access control.

I will try programming the facility code directly into the HID reader using the integrated keypad.

Extract from the HID application notes;
With a keypad reader, operating as 26 bit emulation; upon power up you have 5 seconds to enter the facility code followed by #

Or alternatively I will add dual authorisation with a pin code to give it a sufficient level of security.

It does look like RSS has the capability to program the facility code if there's a DCM installed. The site below doesn't have it installed, so it's greyed out. It's around menu 69.3.2.4.4

upload_2020-8-6_13-55-53.png

Sponsored Links
@GalaxyGuy yes I have the same screen in RSS however it remains greyed out even with the DCM online. That said, this configuration option is only to modify the card bit string format and there is no actual field to enter the facility code number itself.

An old Honeywell technical bulletin for the Dimension panel clearly states this option is "not enabled at this time" but that was back in 2009 and I would have thought it should be implemented by now. Considering it's normal industry practice and to do without comprises security.

I've not used the non max readers much. I do have a couple of dcm's and wiegand readers for development purposes, but haven't ever wired them in to test the setup.

Honeywell probably works under the assumption the majority purchase wiegand card readers with a "fixed" facility code rather than passing through the facility code and allowing the panel to authorise it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back