Galaxy GD-520 Silent Part Set?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to make the "part set" function "silent" apart from the final two beeps?

I am migrating from a Menvier panel which has options to program the part (night) set to be silent apart from the three short confirmation beeps at the end once set. This is very useful when others are asleep in the house.

I cannot find an option in 51 which is where I thought it might be unless I am missing it. If anyone knows I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks
Gerry

Sponsored Links
I have a different Galaxy, but try menu 51 6 part set exit. On mine you can set part set and night set attributes there.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately, that's a completely different menu on mine.

I found this one

Engineer -> 51 -> 59 Part Tone which I have set to Disabled but that makes no difference either.

Gerry

There isn't really a solution for silent part set with Dimension. Reprogram output *99 (speaker) to strobe then use the keypad speaker for exit tones. You can turn the volume pot down on the CP038 keypads.

Sponsored Links
Hi GalaxyGuy

Thanks for the response. Its a shame, it seems like such an obvious thing. The Galaxy G3 hardware architecture is really very nice, it seems so well designed, but from a software/configurability point of view, these little touches are so important, and my current Menvier TS900 panel configurability/user interface seems more flexible.

I have the Galaxy set up at my desk and learning how to use it.

Gerry

I've previously sent Honeywell a feature request list and this was one of the items along with Comms fail suppression and RF jam suppression. Most of this (apart from RF jam) has fallen on deaf ears as far as the Dimension goes, but are all offered on the Flex, which is seen as a residential panel. For the amount of effort involved, I think it's crazy not to make the panels fully flexible across the range.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back