Galaxy RSS Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if anyone has come across this. The software been working fine until last week. I loaded up the promgram and was met with an error messages.

I reinstall the software but still no joy, just wondered if anyones comes across this.

Attachments

• 20160817_164037.jpg
    20160817_164037.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 447
  • 20160817_162516.jpg
    20160817_162516.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 426
Sponsored Links
The comm server isn't starting up properly. There can be a few reasons for this, but your local host name looks a bit strange, or does this system connect to a remote RSS comm's server ?

What do you get in your web broswe on the system if you enter:
http://localhost:8888
Do you get anything when you also enter:
http://001:8888

If this is a local stand-alone RSS, then have you changed anything to do with the local networking as far as host name goes ? If anything is wrong with the local SQL database, this can also cause this type of issue.

Last edited:
Its installed on my work laptop. I've only use RSS for direct connections to panels. Normally to take a backup if replacing a panel or defaulting losts engineer codes.

prior to re-installing it I was getting a "SQL database error message".
I haven't got a clue about SQL.
I thought re-installing it would clear it. It obviously isn't a clean install because my old sites have re-appeared.

Could i not delete everything associated with RSS/ un-install the whole thing and start again?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to un-install Microsoft SQL server too. I think the uninstall of RSS leaves the database behind. When I fixed this issue previously, I had run SQL express and repair the database.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back