Galaxy Uno MX LX 8.5 Electric shower leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has a Galaxy UNO MX LX8.5 shower when it is switched on the water leaks from inside the shower casing.

After switching off the leccy, I took the cover off. The water seems to be leaking from the Flow Assembly (the tap) I have dismantled the assembly and cannot see why.

I have found a replacement Flow Assembly at Shower Warehouse, does anyone think it worth replacing the O rings on the fitting before ordering a new one, or could anyone suggest another remedy?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
wheres it leaking from ?
mx-uno-lx.jpg

don't take any notice of the numbers to what they relate to cause they are all wrong in the instructions.

It is leaking from Number 9 on the right hand picture. The leak seems to be coming from between the two parts of the assembly. I also thought it might have cracked, but, I cant see anything. The leak comes from the left hand side of that unit hitting the large "tank" Number 5 and then exitting via the hole for the shower hose

That assembly is held to gether by three screws, I initially tried tightening them, but no joy, when I opened it the is a large O ring around a two part washer in the middle of that is a small O ring, behind tahe assembly there is another disc with an O ring in the middle.

All the O rings looked in good nick but it is difficult to check whether they were seated correctly.

That diagram looks like the same on I got off the internet.

solenoid assy. you can have a muck about changing the o ring if you have one that size.
or opt for a new solenoid assy that retail about £20.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Karl,

Am I correct that the solenoid unit is causing the leak, even though the leak is coming from the tap?

Is the Solenoid unit the black assembly in the bottom right hand corner, which has loads of screws around its cover? as the leak is coming from the assembly above that.

Thanks for your help, sorry if it seems I am questioning your judgement, but, I need to make sure I get the right part.

you got me at it now.

it's coming from the flow valve not the solenoid.
this is the correct order of the internals.
the other pic i had has the internals numbered wrong.

1 Large & Small Knobs SG06126
2 Cover Assembly NLA
3 Element Assy. 7.5kw SG06096
Element Assy. 8.5kw SG06003
4 Terminal Block, Neon & Wires SG06165
5 Can & Outlet Tube Assy. SG06121
6 Thermal Cut Out SG06004
7 Pressure Relief Device SG06006
8 Pressure Switch Assy. SG06056
9 Flow Valve Assy. SG06046
10 Solenoid Valve Assy. SG06062

the duo and uno are both the same showers and internals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back