Gaming problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I do opologise but I am not computer literate. :oops:
I play an online motorcycle racing game and all was going well for a few months, but for the past few weeks the game keeps 'crashing', (there are up to 16 racing at one time, and the room can be full, or empty). The site tells me the ping speed and the games I join have 'good' speed, if thats the right term.The past few days my game is crashing all the time !!. I have no internet connection problems as far as I know, as I don't have any problems with the net.
I don't download 'stuff', or use the net hardly at all.
Can someone give me any advice ?

Thank you for any help.

Sponsored Links
When you say "crashing", what actually happens? Does it just disconnect you from the game, do you get an error message or do you get the blue screen of death. :eek:
Is it just when you play online or does it crash when you're playing single player too?

Hello gcol,

Yes the game only crashes when I race online.

The game sounds like a scratched cd ? It comes up with an error message and drops me back into the lobby, (where you join /create games). Other people do have this problem, but nowhere near as bad as me !
I dont know if it is relevant, but players are from all over, not usually the uk.

Thanks.

Some game servers are set to "kick" players with a high ping.
Is anyone else sharing your connection because that will affect it?
Are you running a decent antivirus and firewall? Have you run spyware scans?
It might just be your Internet Service Provider having trouble - it might just sort itself out. Have you checked the forums for your ISP to see if anyone else has been having similar trouble?

Sponsored Links
Hello gcol.

Thanks for taking the time to reply with 'issues' I can look into.

check your internet is up to scratch.

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/pinger.asp

dips in the speed will get you kicked from server. complain to ISP if it's not what you expect it to be.

if it's up to scratch then virus check your system, disable virus updates when playing online, switch off email, etc.

have you altered the game, some will kick if your game files mis match the servers or hosts files.

you could try reinstalling game / sound card drivers or graphic card drivers.

good luck

Webbie :confused:

Back